Office Hours - Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Appointments on Saturdays and at lunchtime by arrangement

Public Place Injury Claims

Public Place Injury Claims

Accidents can happen anywhere in public places such as footpaths, public houses, restaurants and playgrounds. If injured in a public place you are entitled to pursue an injury claim. Should you get a personal injury in a public place as a result of someone else’s negligence here is a checklist of what you should do :

What You Should Do

  • Report the accident and injury to employees of the business or establishment where the accident took place. Make sure that the accident is reported to a member of management.
  • If you can do so, take a mental not of what happened and how it happened, so you can commit the circumstances of the accident and personal injury to paper when in a position to do so.
  • Ask for any names and addresses of any witnesses that may have assisted you in the aftermath of the accident or may have seen the personal injury occur,
  • If you are in a position to do so take a photo of where the accident occurred. If someone is with you could ask them to do so. Make sure to focus on any offending item or reason that caused the accident or personal injury.
  • Make sure you keep a record of all costs incurred such as medical receipts and expenses that relate to the accident itself and the resulting treatment of the injury.

If you have suffered a personal injury please call (01) 9109996 to speak to a dedicated member of our team or complete our enquiry box to the bottom of the page.

Immediate Call Back Form